Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Happy Summer! ...or Not.

It's summertime in the college world (my brother still has another month of high school and my fourth graders in NC still have three weeks), and it should be the most relaxing time of my life. I've graduated college, so there's no more work to do, and I've decided that I won't be going to grad school for a couple years, so now I can sit back and relax, read a book, and enjoy the warm weather. It's the best time of year as a college student!

Except I'm finding that it's not. 

Last week was phenomenal--I unpacked from college, slept in my own, real bed, spent an afternoon with my best friend before she traveled to Israel, turned 22, went to a Mets game (they lost, unfortunately), and even spent three days at Universal in Orlando.

                    

But now I'm back in the real world, and that means I'm finalizing job applications, submitting an application for license to teach in the state of North Carolina, studying for my final licensure exam, working on nailing down a roommate, and searching for apartments or houses for rent in a city 7 hours away from me. And it's hard! This is my first step as a adult trying to live on my own, or planning to live on my own, and I'm realizing how just difficult this is. 

I sent a common app type of application to seven school districts two weeks, and have heard from one about what I need to do to finalize my application. That means I need to individually call the other six districts and find out what I need to do. I only have the phone number for one of them. 

I can't really figure out where I'm going to live until I know where I am going to work, and most districts aren't hiring until after benchmarks when teachers will announce they are leaving. Benchmarks are at different time in every district, but they are Wednesday and Thursday next week in the district I student taught in. 

I guess the good news in all of this is I'm not working while on top of trying to get all this done. The bad news is that I have to get it all done. But once I do.... I'll be ready for summer! In the meantime, here's pictures of a fire from camp last year and the view of the balcony from our trip to Ocean City. 


No comments:

Post a Comment