This afternoon while I was at work in the library, I was snapchatting my mother after I had received an unexpected package from a friend of her's (It was full of candy!), and in doing so, took this beautiful shot of the MACU dorm and the surrounding area. As per my usual, I saved the picture and went to post it on Instagram thinking of the caption, "There's no place I'd rather be." when I realized in complete and utter shock that that wasn't true.
Now of course, I suppose it never would have been true because Heaven is waiting for us and it's guaranteed to be better than anything we experience we have on Earth, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to go there just yet. I'm only 21, I still have a lot of life left to live! There's also the added fact that in order to take the picture, I had to have been in the library, which isn't usually everyone's favorite place on campus. But the point in the caption is still the same--there's no place other than the MACU campus that I'd rather be.
Apparently no longer true. With tomorrow looming as my last day student teaching, I typed up that caption and realized I'd rather be sitting in my classroom with my day surrounded by 42 rambunctious 10-year-olds, getting on my nerves but somehow still being as sweet as ever. But I guess that's why I majored in what I did. In the end, I am not going to be in college forever. I'm going to go out, and get a job, and move on in life. Over the course of time, I should hope to find that I'd rather be in my place of work. Chances are pretty good I'm going to spend more than 4 years there after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment